2. A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 13.
3. A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country. We adhere to and and have certified our compliance with the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles, including notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement, of the United States/European Union Data Protection Safe Harbor Framework and the United States/Switzerland Data Protection Safe Harbor Framework, both of which are made available by the U.S. Department of
Commerce at http://www.export.gov/safeharbor. Our certification can also be viewed at http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
4. TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT. First To File collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our site, when you send us information or communications, and/or when you download and use our Products. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
4.1 Personal Data You Provide to Us. We collect Personal Data from you, such as first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone number, company name, and password when you register for an account to log in to our network. We also retain information on your behalf, such as files, messages, and patent case information that you store using your account. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail e.g., in response to an employment opportunity posted on our website, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume.
4.2 Personal Data Collected via Technology. To make our website, Products, and related services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect Personal Data from you, including
provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our website. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of our website may not work properly.
5. USE OF YOUR DATA
5.1 General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. First To File uses your Personal Data in the following ways: to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network; identify you as a user in our system; provide improved administration of our website and Products; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our website and Products; send you a welcome e-mail to verify the username and password provided when your account was created; send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of our support and maintenance services.
5.2 Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Products and services and improve site navigation. First To File reserves the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data to third party companies in its discretion.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
6.2 Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), First To File may disclose Personal Data if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on First To File; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of First To File or users of the Products or related services.
7. Third Parties
7.1 Links to Third Party Websites
(a) Our provision of a link to any other website or location, such as links to third party websites contained in your dashboard, is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other website or location or its contents. When you click on such a link, you will leave our website and go to another website. During this process, another entity may collect Personal Data or Anonymous Data from you.
7.2 Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not generally share the Personal Data collected from our services with other entities. However, we may share your Personal Data with third party contractors or service providers to provide you with the products or services that we offer you through our website. These third party contractors or service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the products or services requested by us. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and other service providers for the sole purpose of providing products or services to you.
8. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
8.1 Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data. We will periodically send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories. When you receive communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). Should you decide to opt-out of receiving future mailings, we may share your e-mail address with third parties to ensure that you do not receive further communications from third parties.
8.3 Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your profile within the Product application or by contacting us at the e-mail address, postal mailing address, or telephone number set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
9. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. First To File is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, such as policies restricting access to data to authorized personnel, mechanisms to protect data from interception during transmission, physical safeguards to protect data stored in electronic or hard copy form, and reviews and audits of our security and operational procedures. We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. Repeated attempts to access your account information with the incorrect password may result in your account being locked out. If your account has been locked out, please contact us at the telephone number listed below to verify your identity and re-enable your account. Despite these measures, you should know that First To File cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data and mistakes may happen.
First To File
Attn: Kurt Wedel
1875 South Grant Street, Suite 960
San Mateo, CA 94402
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. If you believe that First To File has not adhered to this Statement, please contact First To File by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation. If you and First To File are unable to reach a resolution to the dispute, you and First To File will settle the dispute exclusively under the rules of the American Arbitration Association (www.adr.org).
Last Revised February 9 2012